Moving further down south towards home, our amazing 3 month holiday on the road is slowly coming to an end. Next stop was the Discovery Park, Ballina, where we were welcomed to yet another beautiful park.
Our site was a huge drive through site with access roads both in front and behind the site. Seeing we were only staying for one night, we didn’t unpack fully which allowed Coops and daddy plenty of time to kick a ball around the large site. They loved having the extra room.
There are sooooo many activities for the kids at this park. We were unfortunate to only have one night available to stay here due to our busy plan and would have LOVED to stay longer and experience all the great activities to a greater level however, the kids made the most of the day jumping straight into it and creating memories that will definitely leave them wanting more.
This park boasts the following which makes it a very memorable and exciting time for all guests:
- Multiple activity rooms including a theatre room with the park hosting night movies for guests. A games room with arcade style games + a toddlers area only where they can relax and not have to worry about getting in the bigger kids way.
- BBQ areas + a great sized camp kitchen. We cooked in the camp kitchen for dinner and were able to watch the kids in the play area at the same time.
- Bouncing Pillow which both the kids and I jumped on for an hour straight. I forgot how exhausting these were yet sooo much fun!
- Gym – Chris had a small window of a half an hour and after 3 months on the road, loved the opportunity to get a quick work out done. They have a variety of equipment including cardio equipment, multi exercise cable station and a rack of dumbbells. All of which provides a great opportunity to workout the whole body in the comfort of a secure area, only accessed by other adult gym users (ie: no kids).
- Kids Facilities/Kids Club that is hosted mainly in the school holidays. We were lucky enough to take part in a colouring competition with the kids pictures being displayed in the office windows. Chloe loved seeing her completed picture on display!
- Putt Putt Golf – The kids and hubby also played a quick game of Putt-putt Golf in the beautiful sunshine. It looked like a great course and all 3 came back with smiles from ear to ear.
- Kiosk/Store – The kiosk was in the main office and gave our kids an opportunity to buy a small amount of lollies with their pocket-money. We have loved seeing their manners come to fruition and their recognition of coins grow.
- Laundry – Although we didn’t use it, this park hosts a great size laundry with irons also available.
- Playground – The outdoor play area is located right next to the indoor Kids Zone play area and the jumping pillow. Our kids played in this area for an hour while we cooked dinner and we found it to be appropriate for all ages.
- Sports Facilities that include Beach Volleyball on the water’s edge of Shaw’s Bay (which borders one side of the park). You can also hire kayaks and SUP’s for use in Shaw’s Bay and of course peddle karts around the park. See the photo below for prices for quick reference.
- Swimming heated pool plus a splash zone area for the younger kids. Both Chloe and Cooper loved this area with the slides and of course jumping in and out of the heated larger swimming pool with daddy. It was a great temperature and a great opportunity to play in the sun.
- Bird Avery – I find something about watching and listening to birds very relaxing. It’s at the main entry and was a great little activity for the kids.
This park also has free WiFi, conference facilities and the usuals you find at caravan parks; dump points and family bathrooms. Dogs are allowed in certain areas of the park which is great for the grey nomad if travelling with their beloveds.
We had a great time at this park and look forward to returning in the near future for a much longer stay!!
Like and Follow us; ‘Kim & Chris’