Swansea Lakeside Holiday Park is literally on the shore of the beautiful Lake Macquarie, which is an amazing part of the world and a place we have loved calling home for quite some time. We have heard many great things about this park from friends, family and so many people who have passed through and met on the road. We have been looking forward to visiting for many years and finally, were able to see the beautiful grounds and fun activities this park hosts.
We were greeted with an amazing bag of gifts from staff which included hats, drink bottles, coffee cups, towels and more. The beautiful staff at this park is what separates it from other parks. They go that extra mile to ensure you feel special and enjoy every second of your stay.
Swansea Lakeside Park offers beautiful and scenic views of the lake from a large number of sites. We were lucky enough to stay on an ensuite site right on the water. The site was spacious and well located within the park which made for a very enjoyable holiday week. One of the great features we noticed at this park, that we have not seen anywhere before was that you were able to have two vehicles on each site which was ideal for us as we actually took two vehicles during this stay.
Swansea Lakeside park was able to hold our very active kids attention for four special nights with many great facilities including these;
- A large resort-style swimming pool with crystal clear water and of a beautful temperature. It’s no secret that I enjoy warmer pools and this was so comfortable that I even ventured in. We were able to let the kids have a splash for hours whilst I also enjoyed some baking time in the relaxing poolside chairs and tables.
- This park also boasts a huge camp kitchen that is right next to a large outddoor play area. We cooked up a storm in the kitchen with all the facilities while watching the kids play at the park right next door.
- If you have an active family like us, the large basketball courts, handball courts and hopscotch courts are sure to keep you busy.
- Mini golf. We enjoyed countless hours at this putt putt course. The kids surprising us with a few hole in ones and friendly compeition each time. Its a great course to enjoy some quality time with family and friends. We hired our clubs and balls from the front office and returned them as soon as we had finished.
- Huge outdoor play area for the kids which is perfectly situated right next to the camp kitchen, pool area, putt putt golf course, tennis court and basketball court. Our kids were off enjoying the outdoors whilst we sat back relaxing. The location of this huge play area meant we could keep an eye on kids without having to follow them around. Not to mention the large amount of activites there are within the playground such as; climbing, swinging bars, slides, swings, ropes and more.
- The large indoor games room is in the same building complex as the camp kitchen making it super convenient for the kids to use while you cook dinner. In the games room you will find a number of skill tester games as well as Chris’s personal favorite when he was a young boy, 2 x outrun car racing simulator games. The fun doesn’t stop there though, the games room also hosts a huge tv and a massive projector screen for kids movies. Apart from all this fun there is also a huge amount of indoor space for the kids to play in, in this games room if you are in inclement weather.
- Just outside the games room is a large outdoor blackboard. Our kids loved drawing all over it and it was great to see drawings from people all over the country that had left their names and states that they were from. It is also great with me being a school teacher to do that extra little bit of homeschooling if you are travelling around.
- Swansea Lakeside park hosts a large laundry and although we didnt use it on this occassion, its a facility that is much needed when having been on the road for quite some time.
- One of this amazing parks greatest attractions would have to be it’s proximity to the waters edge. We have lived in this area for most of our lives and didn’t even know this little hidden gem existed. We were literally on a site that was within 30 metres to the Waters Edge of lake Macquarie. To make things even better the depth of the water is so shallow that kids can even walk out about 100 metres onto the sandbanks. We found ourselves just sitting on the Shore watching all the hermit crabs running around in the sand and watching everyone enjoy the water sports that this great area has to offer. This feature of the park alone will definitely make us come back here and enjoy this amazing park again in the very near future
We have travelled all around Australia and the feeling of this park is one that makes you feel like you are in another state or country. It had very similar feeling to being on Stradbroke Island, which is one of our all time favourite caravanning locations. We were completely blown away by what this park has to offer considering it is literally in our backyard.
Although we stayed in our caravan, this park also offers great cabins for holidaying. They have numerous sized cabins that sleep quite a few people. They are all situated in a great location, close to the pools and the waters edge and are well maintained feeling fresh, clean and new.
Things to do near Swansea Lakeside Holiday Park
Jet Buzz is Lake Macquarie’s most exhilarating adventure on the water in Lake Macquarie. Jet Buzz has jet boat rides, boat hire, corporate and group functions, stand up paddle boards (SUPs), Kayaks and luxury boats for hire. Our family enjoyed a morning on the water with SUPs and Kayaks enjoying paddles around seeing the shores of beautiful Lake Macquarie. The kids LOVED the kayaks, even paddling themselves and pointing out the beautiful wildlife around.
The following day we were lucky enough to go on a Jet Boat ride on the lake. We are a family that chases an adrenaline rush and this was exactly that!! Our 3 year old loved every second of the ride and the boys at Jet Buzz are great, friendly, welcoming and knowledgeable. We were suited up with a life jacket, explained the safety and rules of the ride and off we went! It was fast, wet, fun and a ride that the kids have not stopped talking about since we hopped off.
We definitely recommend this for the any family visiting Lake Macquarie. Its an activity that people of all ages can enjoy whilst getting a front row view of the shores of beautiful Lake Macquarie.